Thursday 1 October 2015

Finding Flow Again and a Lovely Illustration to Share...






 I'm so enjoying the Autumn just now, having reached my long-awaited destination of a slightly slower and more centred pace of life... 

There have been a few changes in our family life with our youngest starting school and Vince starting a new exciting job not so far away from our home. It's been a long time coming, changes that we were all ready for and looking forward to. 

I'm just now catching up and finding my groove again with my creative work... being in 'doing' mode for so long interrupted the creative flow for a while there and it takes a time to still and settle and hear all those whispering voices again... the one's of the ideas calling to be made, birthed, taken hold of and welcomed in... 

The beautiful warmth and sunshine this week, combined with my growing peace and permission to exist for a while at a gentler, kinder pace of life has been thoroughly reviving - and pen and ink and paint and wool and colour are quietly, calmly, happily flowing again. 

I hope to have more to show for it all soon. 

In the meantime, here is a lovely illustration I completed at the end of the Summer.  

Once again, I really love the idea for this illustration - the request was from Lizzie Bee of Little Nesting Tree Family Daycare, for some seasonal artwork for her Facebook Page, and also to make labels for their handmade gifts. It's a perfect use of the artwork and I think the labels look truly lovely. I totally love having new ideas for commissions; they are always special and unique and I love it when different ideas come together to make something totally new - the drawings become a part of something  much bigger, and I think there's real magic in that! 

Thank you to Lizzie for her idea and request!! :-)♥