Tuesday 8 September 2015

A Wizard for My Boy...


The last few weeks of the Summer holidays were enjoyed by going away for a Summer Camp, visiting relatives and friends, and gently getting our youngest ready for her new adventure at school... It's been a lovely, and much treasured family time before we all embark on new phases in our own stories; my husband is starting a new job, our boy is entering Juniors and our girl Infants, and I am transitioning out of pretty much full-time mothering to pursue lots of exciting plans of my own! I did manage to work on a couple of artistic projects with the children, and some lovely customer illustration, but it's probably obvious that there was very little time left over for keeping things up-to-date on my blog & facebook page...  

Between the outings and days away I did finally manage to make this long-promised Wizard for my boy... he was super pleased with it, as was I! I purposely wanted to make a traditional/archetypal looking Wizard to fit with the images he already enjoys through some of his books - like the Wizardology book that is one of his favourites. I made the staff out of a few pieces I already had lying around in my craft cupboard, and it has given me the idea to make some more. 

I'm really excited about the prospect of very soon having much more time and a steady rhythm again to craft more of these lovely felted dolls. Once I have made a few I plan open a new Etsy store in order to sell them, along with some of my other pieces. Do check back here again soon for news on that or pop over to my Facebook page and 'like' it in order to receive the news that way. 

Hoping that your Summer was restful and the transition back to crisp Autumn school and work schedules is smooth and joyful! ♥ xxx