Thursday 8 October 2015

Some Softness this Week...


Things have felt a little slow this week - not in the sense that I have purposely slowed down, or that I've been intentionally taking some time out.., just that things I am trying to get underway are taking their time. But sometimes it's like that... 

The last twelve months until now have been lived-out at break-neck speed. So many projects, ideas and plans set in motion, large and small, everyone in our house with their own big, wild dreams and ambitions... and all the while I've been longing for a little more still space to create without distraction... that space comes, and suddenly, well... nothing! As a mama I've become used to getting things done in the few spare moments that I have, because I have to... those moments are live or die for an idea; get done now, or don't get done at all! I'm sure all mothers are familiar with this - the nature of balancing family life with creative urgency... 

So, accustomed as I am to getting things done quickly, it's a strange land to have comparatively much more time, and a lot less to show for it... 

This is a transitory state of affairs I hope! 

I've actually been taking the time to catch up on some long neglected household chores and sorting, as well as research a few new directions - one of them being to set up an Etsy store... I've been trying to get to grips with posting and packaging, and ordering a few more supplies to get me going on the projects I have in mind... it's a little learning curve. And, actually, it's okay to take some time over it. What goes in deep now (in terms of research and learning)... will come out again in beautiful creations and directions later-on. What's the rush? 

This lovely piece just came to me amidst the quiet this week. Soft and gentle, and as always, I didn't really know I would create it until the moment I opened the frame and reached for my wools... The Autumn quite naturally is a slowing, a pause for breath before the excitement and urgency of Christmas. I'm embracing the chance to work in a measured way whilst I can, and take the quiet time to listen to my intuition whilst choosing the next footsteps to take on my path... 

And remembering softness, the gift of the season, and that all is perfectly well, in this beautiful, slow moment, where nothing but everything is getting done!♥