Monday 21 December 2015

Winter Solstice Blessings

This will no doubt be my last post of the year, and it's been a little while since posting anything at all...

The month of December has been very beautiful this year, having chosen to have a quieter inner attitide than usual, in order to really be present with all the good things around me: all the children's festivities through school, friends and at home, as well as enjoying my orders for dolls and artwork. 

As I have sat creating, I have been appreciating just how very lucky I feel to do this creative work - it really is a dream come true... I truly value each and every order... 2015 has been such an interesting, unexpected year with lots of twists and turns, and it's felt at times, almost impossible to keep Forgetful Fairy Art Studio going... so much life!!

But this month of quietly crafting and drawing has really given me the perspective of seasonality within the creative life - of the fact that creativity comes in cycles and waves, and it's perfectly good and right to embrace the cycles... that even the times when not much work is getting made, something is happening... Winter is usually a time for looking inward, slowing down... but for many crafters it is actually the busiest time... and as I've just gone through this again myself, I appreciate the quieter times that may have come before; for this is where the energy comes from for the next wave. Seeds are planted, and eventually, new ideas are formed and birthed.

I'm looking forward to a rest again now, to be with the family, and get ready for 2016! I have some lovely ideas in the pipe-line - and it feels like 2016 is going to be a new and exciting adventure all over again! 

I'm hoping you feel the same and am sending the warmest of Winter wishes this Solstice - from this little Wishing Fairy, and from me, to you. I'm hoping that there is magic, and love and joy and heart, and that 2016 is going to be an amazing year!♥